Data Science Hands-On with Open Source ToolsLogin to enroll
- Course NumberDS0105EN
- Classes StartAny time, Self-paced
About This CourseGet started with some of the most popular tools for collaborative data science, including RStudio IDE, Jupyter Lab and Jupyter Noteboooks, Apache Zeppelin notebooks. Use the tools directly on Skills Network Labs, a free virtual lab environment that brings powerful open data science tools together so you can analyze, visualize, explore, clean data, run models and create apps without needing to download, install and maintain software. All you need is a modern web browser and your desire to learn.
Module 1 - Introducing Skills Network Labs (formerly Cognitive Class Labs)
- What is Cognitive Class Labs (Data Scientist Workbench)?
- Skills Network Labs account features
- Creating a Skills Network Labs account
- Managing data within My Data
- LAB: Getting Started with Skills Network Labs
Module 2 - Introducing Jupyter Notebooks
- What are Jupyter notebooks?
- Getting started with Jupyter
- Data and Notebooks in Jupyter
- Sharing your Jupyter Notebooks and data
- Apache Spark in Jupyter Notebooks
- LAB: Getting Started with Jupyter Notebooks
Module 3 - Introducing Zeppelin Notebooks
- What are Zeppelin Notebooks?
- Zeppelin for Scala
- Getting started with Zeppelin
- Managing your Interpreters in Zeppelin
- Apache Spark in Zeppelin Notebooks
- LAB: Getting Started with Apache Zeppelin Notebooks
Module 4 - Introducing RStudio IDE
- What is RStudio IDE?
- Uploading files, Installing Packages and loading libraries in RStudio IDE
- Getting started with RStudio IDE
- RStudio Environment and History
- Apache Spark in RStudio IDE
- LAB: Getting Started with RStudio IDE
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course